Friday, August 17, 2012

Sometimes life just throws you a curveball...

I was feeling sorry for myself the other day, and then learned that my cousin was celebrating because he gained ten pounds. He's been battling cancer for over eight years and was given a very grim prognosis when he was only 30. And here he was, celebrating a weight gain, and, with that, put everything into perspective for me.

I don't have any real problems.

I also realized that, when life throws you that curveball and you're a Raving Lunatic Girl for a bit, it helps to have...

--A really amazing friend who tells it to you like it is and truly makes you understand what "tough love" is. I get it. It's when you really care about somebody and what the best for them and will risk making them cry for a minute to get them to see the light.

--A "Positive Thinking Class" teacher who takes house calls. Literally.
 
--A large, loving, kooky, sensitive, patient group of friends who you know are always going to be there for you, no matter what.

--A dog that has no idea what is going-on and a nephew who laughs at you like you're Jerry Seinfeld.

--A brand-new play premiering in the delightful little town of Garrison, NY. It's seriously like Walnut Grove up there! It's beautiful and I think about 30 people live there.  I randomly found-out about this theatre because the young man who starred in my off-Broadway show in 2010 does theatre here. I fell in love. It is gorgeous...and I'm so excited to have my own show there!

-The thought that something can be on the way that is AWESOME (see my previous post about how I suddenly found myself in the VIP room to meet the President with a certain superstar friend of mine.)

Life does indeed go on.

Everything happens for a reason.

Keep on keepin' on!

Diana Rissetto

No comments: