Monday, February 13, 2012

A very sad and unnecessary ending...

I remember what John Mayer said after Michael Jackson died...that we were not only mourning Michael, but ourselves as children listening to "Thriller".

I think I felt just about the same way when I heard about Whitney Houston. I connect her voice to school concerts (I remember when I was in the 3rd grade...the 7th graders sang...and did sign language along with..."The Greatest Love at All."), a time when we were all young and innocent and didn't have too many problems.

It's sad. Somebody who was blessed with incredible talent and beauty and was beloved by millions couldn't overcome all the pain inside which ended-up destroying her.

Her daughter's a little older than I was when my dad died. I know how that can devastate you and throw your life off in the most "normal" circumstances, so I can't even imagine how that poor kid feels right now.

I hope Whitney's found peace that she never was able to find on Earth.

-Diana

No comments: