Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm not quite sure when I started wishing I was Irish. I was really into leprechauns and St. Patrick's Day when I was a child. At my old elementary school, the teachers would put sparkly green dust on the ground on St. Patrick's Day morning.

As I grew-up, I started reading a lot of Maeve Binchy and watching a lot of movies about Irish people. All of my crushes were on young men who looked undeniably Irish. (Chris O'Donnell and several "real" young men whose names I obviously can't list on here.) Towards the end of high school, I completed my first full manuscript, which was about an Irish orphan boy. (After that, all my stories had Irish orphan boys in them.) At 18, I went to Ireland and it remains the most beautiful place I have ever visited.

Here's a clip of Sean Connery singing "A Pretty Irish Girl" in Darby O'Gill and the Little People. This movie isn't on today, but it's ALWAYS on the Fox Movie Channel and the Hallmark Movie Channel in the summertime. Makes sense.

Sean Connery at his finest. 007 WHO?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTwmjOySDjA&NR=1


Diana Rissetto

No comments: