Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blessings in disguise...

I really AM a big believer in the "everything happens for a reason" theory, but usually it takes a while before you realize things really DID happen for a reason. A few weeks, a month, a year. It's never quite immediate...but last week, it was immediate for me.

Something happened.

I cried, I lost sleep, I didn't eat for about three days. I became frightened about my future, I felt like a bit of a failure, I wondered what would happen to me and got into that very dangerous mindset of comparing myself to other people. I said many times, "This is not FAIR."

I wondered if everything would be okay. It didn't feel like it at the time.

I didn't have to wait a while until I found things happening for a reason, though.

While everything was going on, while I was crying and exhausted and couldn't handle looking at food...several people really came through for me and I realized that I am very much cared-about and loved.

Maybe that's why that all happened.

Maybe it was so I could realize how lucky I am to have such great friends...maybe another person would have went through the same thing and not had anybody there for her.

I will take this as a sign of only good things to come, and keep moving-on...

Diana Rissetto

No comments: