Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I should have taken my own advice...

A while ago, I posted here that sometimes you just have to say to yourself, "I know I'm a good person, even if I try too hard sometimes...I can't change the past or change other people...I need to take a deep breath, realize I have done all I can and move on."

I should have done just that.

Instead, I kept trying.

And it was a big mistake.

People always tell me I'm too nice...maybe I am...but I think my obsessive need to make things right and make sure people like me overshadows my niceness...making me wonder exactly how much of a genuinely nice person I really am.

Maybe I just have a lot of issues!

I try too hard. I know that!

And there's no trying with some people.

At the end of the day, I will always know that I conducted myself with class and maturity. I never had to resort to cursing at somebody, insulting them and belittling their achievements, in order to make myself feel like a bigger person.

If somebody really wants to misinterpret my intentions and assume the worst of me, that's absolutely their problem and none of my business. It's out of my control...but I know I did my best. Sometimes you just have to let things go.

I really DO have plenty of friends, a big family, and little kids who act like I'm a huge celebrity when I enter the room. I know I have a great support system, and I know there are a lot of people who love me and are proud of me and support me, even at my craziest.

Those are the people I have to concern myself...the rest don't matter...

Diana Rissetto

No comments: