Friday, April 30, 2010

I don't have any business cards.

I think it's about time that I get them printed-up.

On Tuesday night, somebody I have been anxious to collaborate with for years (years) asked me for my card...and I didn't have one to offer him.

This is somebody I consider to be absolutely brilliant, but at the same time, also a kindred spirit. We absolutely would work together well and become great buddies in the process! I just know we would (goshdarnit!)

HE ASKED ME FOR A BUSINESS CARD AND I DIDN'T HAVE ONE TO GIVE HIM.

I bet after I told him that, he walked away, saying to himself:

"You know what, I got the impression that that girl was a really good writer (just from talking to her for two minutes.) But, since she doesn't have a business card...how good can she be? I am going to find another unknown playwright to work with...somebody who DOES have a business card."

And then he walked-off into the NYC night...and we would never know what might have been.

I am kicking myself.

I should have had business cards.

They could say "DIANA"...PLAYWRIGHT...(some kind of) PUBLICIST...DOGWALKER...

Otherwise, I think I handled myself pretty well. I kissed this person goodbye the same way I would kiss my cousins (we're both Italian kids, that's how we were raised.)

And, magically, resisted the urge to punch him in the arm and say,"BIG FAN!" (which I usually do.)

Diana Rissetto

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

; )
...your business card is your talent..



Cristiana