Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Patience

The other morning, I was driving to the train station and making the left onto Route 35 from West Park Avenue.

(This means nothing unless you know the town.)

There are always cars coming in the opposite direction, so I do what I always do...I weight for a green arrow.

I love green arrows.

I personally think ALL traffic lights should have green arrows.

I was at the light, and the woman behind me was having a fit...waving her arms...yelling at me...blasting her horn.

When the light finally turned red, she buried her face in her hands.

I shook my head to myself.

What on earth are you in such a rush for?

If you were rushing to the hospital, certainly you wouldn't be driving YOURSELF.

Why can't everybody just calm down...relax...have some patience?

On the same day, I went to Starbucks, which I don't do too often, but I count a skim latte as a healthy dose of protein and calcium.

At 9:30 in midtown Manhattan, Starbucks is crazy.

As I was waiting for my drink, the woman waiting next to me was tapping her feet, huffing and occasionally saying, "Jesus CHRIST."

All because her mocha latte was taking too long.

If you are able to afford a $5 cup of coffee, then you really can't possibly have too many problems.

Turn on the television...look at the devastation in Haiti...and that thirty-second extra wait at a light or in Starbucks really doesn't seem too bad.

Diana Rissetto

No comments: