Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I got multitudes of messages yesterday...

...about the death of Miep Gies.

One even said, "I just heard about Miep. I'm so sorry."

I didn't know Miep (of course), but everyone who knows me KNOWS that I am quite the Anne Frank enthusiast. I have read and watched everything Anne Frank related since I first saw the TV movie starring my childhood idol Melissa Gilbert as Anne.

The fact that Miep went on to live for 100 years, and had such a long, full life might be proof that good deeds do go rewarded sometimes.

I always loved what Miep had to say about being called a hero:

I stand at the end of the long, long line of good Dutch people who did what I did and more -- much more -- during those dark and terrible times years ago, but always like yesterday in the heart of those of us who bear witness


I'm sure Miep was greeted by many old friends who were very anxious to see her.

Diana

No comments: