Monday, October 26, 2009

I have been taking melatonin lately

Everybody knows I have major sleeping issues (which is one of the many reasons why I am pretty sure the movie Dream for an Insomniac was based on my life) and have been taking melatonin lately to help me sleep.

Apparently, one of the side effects of melatonin is strange dreams.

I had a strange dream last week.

(I would also like to argue that I am pretty sure that ALL dreams are strange dreams. I think that only crazy people have dreams that actually make any sense.)

In my dream, I was the girlfriend of Brendan Fraser's character in the movie School Ties.

Not Brendan Fraser himself, but a fictional character.

David Green.

You know, the high school star quarterback hiding his Jewish identity to fit in with a snooty prep school in 1955 New England.

I remember watching that movie numerous times in the 6th grade. My best friend and I loved it...Brendan was her movie star crush, Chris O'Donnell, David's roommate, was mine.

However, I haven't watched it in years and have no idea why I was dreaming about it.



I woke-up quite disappointed that this dream wasn't true.

Not because I wanted to date David Green or Brendan Fraser...but because I'll never date ANY guy in 1955.

Diana Rissetto

No comments: