Sunday, May 31, 2009

Seriously, Mary Camden?

The other day, I read that Jessica Biel feels she is too beautiful to get good acting roles.

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/jessica-biel-being-hot-a-problem-2009195

And I laughed-out loud.

I think there are some people who would say that I'm, of course, JEALOUS of Jessica Biel.

Of course I'm not.

If a girl is beautiful, I'll say she's beautiful. I'm no slouch myself. Fine, I'm not a supermodel, but I know I'm adorable. (Whatever, that sounds obnoxious, but I hear it enough!)

But this girl really thinks her earth-shattering beauty is the reason she's not winning Oscars?

Really?

Now, I'm all for quirky beauty.

I think Adrian Brody is hot...and if you just look at his face, it's probably not one that would normally be called handsome.



And Sarah Jessica Parker? I think she's gorgeous...despite some of the horrible, vicious things I hear people say about her appearance.



Despite Adrian and SJP and other unconventional beauties that find success...I think good looks still do nothing but help you in Hollywood...and Jessica Biel is delusional.

Can you just imagine a casting decision?

"Who do we have lined-up for this role, sir?"

"Well, we have a bunch of young Oscar-winning actresses...we have Kate Winslet, Angelina Jolie, Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Catherine Zeta Jones...OH! And we also have that girl that was on Seventh Heaven."

"NOT HER! ANYBODY BUT HER! SHE IS MUCH TOO BEAUTIFUL!"

SERIOUSLY?!

I understand that words get twisted around in interviews...especially in print...but, Jessica Biel, if this is REALLY how you feel...you need to snap out of it...because you're showing to be quite unattractive in the way that really matters.

Diana Rissetto

No comments: