Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday Clip of the Day...

When I was a kid, I was certain that life truly began at thirteen.

When I turned thirteen, I would be allowed to wander the streets of New York City all by myself.

I would have a very sensitive and sweet boyfriend who would pick me up for dates in a horse-drawn carriage.

I'd attend school dances where the guys would wear tuxedos.

I would be trusted with taking care of infant twins all by myself.

I blame The Baby-Sitters Club. From the second grade to the fifth, I read every single BSC book that came-out. (And I'm pretty sure that, at its peak, about sixteen books came-out a month. I recently learned that a lot of those books were ghostwritten. A little part of me died when I learned that...damn you, Ann M. Martin!!!!!)

Those girls from Stoneybrook knew how to live!

I am pretty sure they set-up an entire generation of girls up for a lifetime of disappointment. They had more exciting lives at thirteen than I do now in my (cough) mid-to-late-twenties. I am yet to be stranded on an island, and have never won the lotto, either.

True fans of the BSC would tell you that the Baby-Sitters Club television series didn't quite capture the magic of the books.

However, that didn't stop us from watching it.

Here's the series' holiday special.

It is on YouTube in its entirety.

Hooray!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXrAUkPVHwI


Diana Rissetto

No comments: