Thursday, November 13, 2008

That's my boy...

Cheyenne Jackson is one of my favorite people to watch onstage, and also happens to be one of my favorite people in the world off-stage. I absolutely love this guy, and watching him rise from obscure random chorus boy slash understudy (to Gavin Creel. See the Creel and Cincotti entry.) to huge superstar has been quite surreal. (I think his Facebook pages speaks for itself. He can write, "Cheyenne Jackson Drank a Snapple" as his status and get about seventy-five responses.)

Last spring, I bought a few copies of The Advocate because Cheyenne was on the cover, and this month, it looks like I will be buying Out.

Cheyenne is featured as Out Entertainer of the Year!!!!

One of the loveliest people you will ever meet, inside and out!






ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR

CHEYENNE JACKSON

Is Cheyenne Jackson the man we've all been waiting for? Handsome and talented, able to seduce audiences of all genders and ages, he's the elusive figure with the potential to demolish the theory that an out actor can't get plum roles. Most recently he starred in Broadway's hilarious surprise hit Xanadu, which closed in September after 513 performfances ("That's 512 more than anyone thought we'd do," he says). Jackson is definitely not a privately tortured leading man like Rock Hudson—who, incidentally, Jackson says he would like to portray: "Tony Roberts, who I worked with the last 15 months in Xanadu, knew Rock Hudson and said that I reminded him of Rock, and that resonated with me.

I think it would be a good marriage of subject and actor." Neither is Jackson the openly disaffected would-be leading man, like Rupert Everett. "The only way I know how to be is me," he says of his singular potential as an actor. With an album in the works, an upcoming TV tryst with one very lucky Lindsay Price on Lipstick Jungle, and hidden talents yet to be revealed, we should all be paying very close attention.




Diana Rissetto

No comments: