Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sometimes when I am really bored...

...really bored...I read Amazon.com reviews for books and movies that I have either loved/hated/never seen. I usually just read the 1 star and 5 star reviews. The 1 stars are the most fun.

I enjoyed reading Judy Blume novels when I was a kid. I remember my second grade teacher, Mrs. Centonze, reading us the Fudge books out loud, and by the time I was in the fourth grade, I had read almost all of her books. My favorites were Starring Sally J. Freedman as Herself and Just As Long As We're Together.

When I started working at Barnes and Noble in 2001, I was immediately stuck in the children/teen department...because I was the only girl in a sea of college-aged boys, who aren't usually the biggest fans of screaming children and picture books...I would constantly sneak reads of my old favorite Judy Blumes. They just never got old.

I never read any of Judy's "adult" novels, until Summer Sisters came along (which I have reread every single summer since 1999. I am very cool like that.)

I had never read Forever, either, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the 1 star reviews of it on Amazon.com.

Such as this one, with the title "Child Abuse", which states...
If you still want to read the book, please don't move to my town. We've got enough weirdos and perverts here already.


Okay.

Sure.

Yeah.

I mean, OF COURSE, Judy Blume Fan=Child Molester.

It's a perfectly logical assumption.

Honestly, you probably never thought to read negative Amazon.com reviews for fun, and now that I have given you the idea, I can guarantee that you'll soon have a new past-time.

No comments: