Saturday, December 22, 2007

Sharing another holiday clip...

...Christopher Jackson and Mandy Gonzalez, two of the stars of the upcoming Broadway show In the Heights (which already played Off-Broadway and was wonderful!) singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" at the Bryant Park tree-lighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUv_5K9qft8&feature=related

As some of you might know, Mandy and I share an uncanny resemblance to the point that I even do a doubletake whenever I see her. (Sometimes she straightens her hair, though...I think she gets sick of being mistaken for me.) Watching Mandy perform is the closest I will ever get to being able to sing.

Over the past couple of years, several shows have started selling tickets for "onstage seats." I have taken advantage of such seats. I sat onstage for Spring Awakening (excellent show, and I have been a Duncan Sheik fan for years), which is slightly awkward because at one point, there are two naked people standing just feet away from you onstage. I have also sat onstage five times for Xanadu (if it is possible, that show gets funnier every time.)Onstage at Xanadu is fun because you GET GLOWSTICKS to wave in the air during the finale! Come on! Good stuff!

I am thinking of writing a letter to the producers of In the Heights and suggesting onstage seating for that (like they haven't considered it yet.) You can sit on the fire escape or on the stoop. It would be amazing! And I would totally buy such seats!

1 comment:

Terentia said...

Keep up the good work.