Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thank You, Anonymous...

I got my first Anonymous blog comment the other day.

It was on THIS entry:

http://dianagolightly.blogspot.com/2007/06/saddest-thing-in-life.html

Hi Diana:

Like you, I just watched A Bronx Tale and heard the words that felt like a stinging slap across the face: "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent."

I Googled the phrase and stumbled upon your post.

You say you feel like you're getting old. How I wish I could be 25 again, to have a chance to change the path I've chosen. I'm unhappy with my decisions in recent years and know that the older I get, the more locked into this fate I become.

You have all kinds of time, Diana, but you have to make it happen. No one is going to "discover" you. That was my mistake. I had adopted a "if I build it, they will come" mentality. It doesn't work that way. You've got to pimp yourself and suck up the rejection because one day, you may find an agent who will be happy to represent you.

"The saddest thing in life is wasted talent." In time, the sting of those words fades away, but it takes perseverance.


I think this anonymous comment was just what I needed.

Thank you.

No comments: