Sunday, August 12, 2007

And you were Cinderella Beautiful...

Taking a moment to plug one of the best young voices and songwriters out there right now...

About five years ago, I heard a cover of "Rainbow Connection" and absolutely fell in love with it.

There is just something about a cute young guy singing a Kermit the Frog classic that makes me melt.

The young fellow I speak of is Peter Cincotti.

I urge you (all three or four of you that are reading this) to check out Peter Cincotti's music. He has two CD's out and one on the way.

There are three new songs on his myspace page to hold us over until the full album comes out (the date keeps getting pushed back!):

http://www.myspace.com/petercincotti

one of which I could listen to all day. ("Cinderella Beautiful", if you must know...)

LIKE APRIL SNOW BLOWING AROUND IN GRAMERCY PARK
THE TWO OF US WERE NEVER MEANT TO LAST

YOU LEFT YOUR TRACES AND DROVE AWAY LIKE A CIRCUS IN TOWN
A THREE-RING SHOW THAT COMES AND GOES TOO FAST

THE BEST OF FRIENDS HAVE BEEN DIVIDED BY A KISS
IF WE CAN'T LOVE AGAIN
I CAN ALWAYS REMENISCE

CINDERELLA BEAUTIFUL
THIS ONE IS FOR YOU
WE ALMOST MADE OUR FAIRY TALE COME TRUE
HAPPY EVER AFTER WAS
UNAVAILABLE
NOW, TWO YEARS AFTER MIDNIGHT
I'M STILL THINKING OF THOSE YESTERDAYS
WHEN I WAS PRINCE CHARMING
AND YOU WERE CINDERELLA BEAUTIFUL




Seriously, how beautiful is that?

(And, I cannot help but adding, how beautiful is HE?)





(By the way, the title of this journal was borrowed from Peter's song "On the Moon." I love that song.)

An absolutely wonderful songwriter, musician and singer...and he's only 24. I cannot even imagine what else is in store for this boy.

I'd love to collaborate on a musical with him. I think we'd work well together, as we have loads in common. (We both have Italian last names with double "t's", are Native New Yorkers and lost our dads at a young age.)

Check him out!

Diana Rissetto

No comments: